Are you a contractor trying to choose between using a specialist contractor accountant or just online accountancy software? Have you thought about using a service that combines both and gives you the best of both worlds?
Bluebird Accountancy is the perfect solution for contractors who are uncertain which option is best for them. We will allow you still have the support you need by giving you a designated Account Manager as well as modern online professional accountancy software – FreeAgent.
Your Account Manager will have access to your FreeAgent account, but only a read-only format. This means that your Account Manager can help you with any queries you have but they are unable to make any amendments to your account. You are the only person with the authority to make changes.
If you are concerned about the security of your information when you are using FreeAgent – there is nothing to worry about. The award-winning provider of accountancy software was designed especially for small businesses, freelancers and contractors. Your business finances will be safely stored and you will not have to worry about your expenses, quotes, invoices and other documentation falling into the wrong hands.
Online you will be able to have access to your own:
- Dashboard – a clear overview of your business finances, live bank feed, invoices and more. You can customise the dashboard to show what you want to see and nothing else.
- Estimates and accurate invoicing – these can be customised with your company logo and address so you can create professional looking documentation in seconds!
- Monitor of expenses – your expenses can be easily uploaded onto your FreeAgent account by photographing them and then importing them. You will also be able to view these in a list so you can see what tax you can claim back at the end of the year.
- Preparing your self-assessment tax return early – FreeAgent will allow to you collect the information you need to complete your self-assessment tax return. As mentioned earlier, you will also have your own dedicated Account Manager who will be there to check your tax return before you submit it to HMRC. This can be very useful as incorrectly submissions will results in unwelcomed fines.
- Calculating your VAT – this is automatically generated via FreeAgent, saving you a lot of time. Your Account Manager will also review the figures on your behalf.
- Understanding your Corporation Tax – your Account Manager will provide you with assistance on this so it is accurately submitted to HMRC.
- Live banking – you can monitor your daily expenses and label them so you can forecast your cash flow.
- Planning your projects – analysing how profitable your projects are and managing them easily by updating the status to ‘complete’. Stay on top of your assignments and find out who owes you what.
The in-depth features of FreeAgent are available here.
FreeAgent is also in the cloud meaning wherever there is a secure internet connection you can access and log into your account. You can use a host of devices including a desktop computer, laptop, tablet and mobile phone.
Once you have chosen Bluebird Accountancy as your provider, you will receive a step by step welcome guide explaining how to get started. Your Account Manager will also give you a call to introduce themselves and answer any queries you may have. Your FreeAgent login details will be provided efficiently so you can get started without delay.
Once you are set up and live with Bluebird Accountancy, you can start benefitting from the combination of leading accountancy software and your own Account Manager. Remember, your Account Manager can see your FreeAgent account information (with your permission) but they cannot make any changes. Therefore, you can run your business and ask for help when you need it.
It is worth noting that by combining FreeAgent and contractor accountancy, you are keeping your monthly costs to a minimum. Some contractors and freelancers are better suited to using a full time contractor accountant to help them take care of their finances. However, if the prospect of using software with professional support appeals to you – it is almost certainly going to save you money on you monthly accountancy costs. With packages starting from just £45 per month (+ VAT), Bluebird Accountancy is exceptional value for money.
Our standard Bluebird Accountancy package includes multiple features that ensures your accountancy requirements are more than satisfied:
- Free Company formation
- No joining or leaving fees
- Free Switching Service
- Your own dedicated Account Manager
- Unlimited phone and email support
- Free Personal Tax Return
- Tax planning and advice
- Business bank account assistance
- Payroll – weekly and monthly if required
- Extra payroll for an additional employee
- PAYE and HMRC yearend returns, including P11D and P60
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Completion of Confirmation Statement
- Annual accounts
- Access to our Sister Umbrella company
- Discounted insurance cover from our approved partners
- Accounts completed within 3 months
- Use of our registered address
- 10% discount when you pay for 12 months upfront
- Bookkeeping (additional £25 per month)